UFP Technologies is committed to providing environmentally friendly packaging solutions to our customers. We greatly value the benefits of helping the environment and helping those that value the same ideals as us.
Sustainable development as defined by The World Commission on Environment and Development is 'development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.' UFP Technologies follows this belief in its operations and values and has taken steps to insure that this ideal is upheld.
UFP Technologies is a member of the Sustainable Packaging Coalition. We follow their standards in developing and manufacturing sustainable packaging:
- Is beneficial, safe & healthy for individuals and communities throughout its life cycle;
- Meets market criteria for performance and cost;
- Is sourced, manufactured, transported, and recycled using renewable energy;
- Maximizes the use of renewable or recycled source materials;
- Is manufactured using clean production technologies and best practices;
- Is made from materials healthy in all probable end of life scenarios;
- Is physically designed to optimize materials and energy;
- Is effectively recovered and utilized in biological and/or industrial cradle to cradle cycles.